ESP32-DevKitC V4 is a small-sized ESP32-based development board produced by Espressif. Most of the I/O pins are broken out to the pin headers on both sides for easy interfacing. Developers can connect these pins to peripherals as needed. Standard headers also make development easy and convenient when using a breadboard.
The board supports various ESP32 modules, including ESP32-WROOM-32, ESP32-WROOM-32U, ESP32-WROOM-32D, ESP32-SOLO-1, and ESP32-WROVER series.
The following list and figure below describe key components, interfaces and controls of ESP32-DevKitC V4 board
- ESP32-WROOM-32 module soldered to the ESP32-DevKitC V4 board.
- Optional Space for ESP32-WROVER: Longer ESP32-WROVER modules may be soldered instead of the ESP32-WROOM-32.
- A single chip USB-to-UART bridge provides up to 3 Mbps transfers rates.
- Download button: holding down the Boot button and pressing the EN button initiates the firmware download mode. Then the user can download firmware through the serial port.
- EN Button: Reset button - pressing this button resets the system
- Micro USB Port: USB interface. It functions as the power supply for the board and the communication interface between PC and the ESP module.
- 5 V Power On LED: This LED lights when the USB or an external 5 V power supply is applied to the board.
- I/O Connector: Most of the pins on the ESP module are broken out to the pin headers on the board. Users can program ESP32 to enable multiple functions such as PWM, ADC, DAC, I2C, I2S, SPI, etc
ESP32-DevKitC V4 schematic (PDF)