Have you ever wondered if the objects in your house are radioactive or not? Does the apple in your fridge give off radiation? Are the books on your shelves giving off gamma rays? You can easily find that out by building your Geiger counter!
Thanks to the serial logging function you can track exposure over time, and you can use the mute button to detect radiation without any noise. A must for every mad scientist.
- 100% Open Source Hardware!
- LED and piezo speaker for alerting about detected radioactivity.
- Mute button for silent operation
- An ATtiny2313 microcontroller brain
- Support for several common Geiger-Müller tubes: SI-3BG, SI-1G, and SBM-20. HV supply can be adjusted from ~300-600V.
- Headers for serial (9600 baud), in-circuit programming of the AVR microcontroller, and pulse output
- Serial data logging! Counts per second (CPS), counts per minute (CPM), and equivalent dose are reported via the serial port once a second.
Kit++ Bundle version includes
- Geiger Counter kit with PCB and all the electronic parts
- SBM-20 Geiger-Muller tube
- Laser cut acrylic case
- 2x AAA Batteries