Grove – Time of Flight Distance Sensor (VL53L0X)
Grove - Time of Flight Distance Sensor-VL53L0X is a high speed, high accuracy and long range distance sensor based on VL53L0X.
The VL53L0X is a new generation Time-of-Flight (ToF) laser-ranging module and it is one of the smallest on the market today. It provides accurate distance measurement independent of the target reflectances, making it superior to other conventional technologies. It can measure absolute distances up to 2 m, raising the standards in ranging performance levels and allowing various new applications.
The VL53L0X integrates a leading-edge SPAD array (Single Photon Avalanche Diodes) and embeds ST’s second generation Flight SenseTM patented technology.
The VL53L0X’s 940 nm VCSEL emitter (Vertical-Cavity Surface-Emitting Laser), is totally invisible to the human eye, coupled with internal physical infrared filters, it enables longer ranging distances, higher immunity to ambient light, and better robustness to cover glass optical crosstalk.
- VCSEL driver
- Ranging sensor with advanced embedded microcontroller
- Advanced embedded optical cross-talk compensation to simplify cover glass selection
- Safe for eyes: Class 1 laser device compliant with latest standard IEC 60825-1:2014 - 3rd edition
- Single power supply
- I2C interface for device control and data transfer
- Xshutdown (reset) and interrupt GPIO
- Programmable I2C address
- Working voltage: 3.3 V / 5 V
- Working temperature: 20 ℃ - 70 ℃
- Recommended measurement distance: 30 mm - 1000 mm<
- Default I2C address: 0x52
1 x Grove - Time of Flight Distance Sensor-VL53L0X
1 x Grove Cable