Elektor Air Quality Sensor Kit
Contents of the kit
- CCS811 - Breakout-Board for air quality measurement
- GP2Y1014AU - Optical sensor for measuring and detecting dust particles
- KY-015 - Combi sensor, measuring temperature and air humidity
- BME680 - Environmental sensor for pressure, temperature, humidity and air quality
- SDS011 - Dust sensor for measuring the particle concentration in the air
The CCS811 is a gas sensor that monitors the air quality and can measure a large number of volatile organic compounds (VOCs). The sensor data can be converted to a total volatile organic compound (TVOC) or carbon dioxide equivalent (eCO2) level.
The module has a metal oxide (MOX) sensor and also the option to connect an NTC for temperature measurement.
The GP2Y1014AU is an optical sensor for the detection of dust particles.
The light reflected by the dust is detected by an integrated infrared diode and a phototransistor and can thus be determined in an analog value.
The advantage of this sensor is the combination of temperature measurement and humidity measurement in a compact desig. As only every 2 seconds a new measurement result is available, this sensor is very well suited for long-term measurements.
The BME680 from Bosch Sensortec is the new, compact ambient sensor with integrated sensor technology for light humidity, pressure, temperature and air quality.
The I²C and SPI digital interfaces also enable simple and fast readout of the measured values.
The SDS011 sensor determines the dust particle concentration in the air using the scattered light method.
The USB-UART adapter also allows the sensor to be read out directly on a computer.